Iran dress code
According to the rules of Iran as an Islamic country, all men and women including tourists are required to follow the guidelines as listed below:
- Long shirts or tunics to mid-thigh with long sleeves.
- Long pants, jeans, or skirts that completely cover the legs.
- Scarf or shawl for covering the hair.
- Long pants or jeans
- Shirts with sleeves, short or long (no sleeveless shirts)
- shorts are not accepted for men.
- any variety of colors for clothing is acceptable.
- sandals are also allowed.
Although obeying Islamic rules including Hijab or Islamic dress code is necessary in Iran you must not worry about it, these rules are not observed very strict especially for tourists, the maximum penalty will be a request (usually in a kind way) to make it correct.