Iran Visa Extension
It’s straightforward and cheap to extend an Iranian visa. Iran tourist visa is extended by police department of alien affairs of the major cities on the basis of justifiable reasons and approval of the mentioned office. The process usually takes less than a working day and the extension will be valid for a week up to a month.
Iran Visa Extension Requirements
- Two passport-size photos (with covered hair for ladies)
- A photocopy of the bank deposit receipt, your Iranian visa, any previous extensions and the photo page of your passport.
The second time you go to extend your visa, you may have to attend an informal interview about your reasons for staying in the country. It’s nothing serious. Extensions are issued from the day you turn up at the visa renewal office, not the end date of your visa. If you need a full extension plan to show up on the last possible day.
Some Alien Affairs Offices
- Tehran: Dr. Fatemi Junction, Vali-Asr. Or Sepah Sq.
- Shiraz: Modares Boulevard
- Mashad: Next to Azad Univ., Rahnamaee St.
- Isfahan: Azadi Sq.
Citizens of the following 7 countries can visit Iran without a visa:
|· Azerbaijan (2 weeks)
· Bolivia (30 days)
· Malaysia (15 days)
· Sri Lanka (1 month)
|· Syria (90 days)
· Turkey (3 months)
· Venezuela (15 days)
Tourists may stay in Kish Island for 14 days or less without obtaining any visa.